Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Time in Gujarat

Year 2000 - I have completed my BTech, quit MTech and now preparing myself for work (refer my prior posts for BTech and MTech journey).

It is an R&D centre with my post being an Scientist. Wow! I will become one of those nerds who looks like alien to normal public.. it was both exciting and a bit apprehensive. Anyway starting one year is going to be same where we (myself and other who joined with me) would be acquainted with facilities and groom on basic knowledge required to align our effort to final objective of this R&D.

I learned first lesson of my job that thereis not only a single objective but expections of producing byproducts which will come out of the main process. Though these will not be useful for main purpose, these can be utilized for sustainance. Heavy words? Huh! but that is the reality and actually it is quite interesting, isn't it.

Anyway, It was fun clubbed with hard work of study (which I hated and thats why I had left MTech,IIT) we did for one year. We were given hostel rooms for one year to ease our mind from accomodation and food problems. In that time period we saw ourselves maturing as a professional, understand politics in job place, seeing opportunity and making long plans to achieve it etc. We also enjoyed Ahmedabad's pani-puri, sandwich, Drive-in theater where we would go to see a movie and run for a quick Dosa or Dabeli in interval before the movie starts. Most of the time we would be coming back with Dabeli in hand watching movie while walking on the way back and search for a raised hand of one of friend for identifying our seat. What a life!

We saw ourselves changing, our will going strong and even earth shaking. Literally it was shaking as it was an earthquake responsible for it. It was a bitter truth of life where we realized that nothing is everlasting. Things can change over a night. People can fear their own house which they have taken and decorated with all their love. Also people comes together forgetting any differences to help each other when needed. That is humanity, that is life!

Completed one year of studywhich gave us a lot more than just a bookish knowledge. We learned how to live our life. Now it was time to again go out and establish on our own our daily life, bread and butter. I am not talkign about earning money, we have our job we are not kicked out or quite but managing after office or before office is also a challenge in life. You should have a good locality to live in, all utensils to cook food and most important of it - you should know how to cook. At least I was having some hand on for that, so here we go - getting more close to real life!

I would cover my life while actually working in a job as scientist in next post. Give me your comments on how did you like it till now.

No comments: